Monday, July 4, 2011

And so it begins...

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while, but until now I have always had a reason not to, like not having enough time and or anything of value to say.

However I have decided to bite the bullet and make a start. That's not to say that I don't still have those reasons not to, it's just that I have decided to ignore them in order to do something for myself.

I guess I'll introduce myself, my name is Petal* and I am a young lady in my mid twenties. I am from the sunny Gold Coast but at the moment I am residing in a small rural town near in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. I study full time by correspondence and am lucky enough that at the moment I don't need to work, which leaves me to fill my days with study, general house-wifery and the internet.

Here are a few things I love that will inevitably end up featuring here:

  • All kinds of magazines - trashy, fashion, arty etc
  • Nail polish - I usually paint my nails daily, it's become quite the habit
  • Quirky and cute stationery and art
  • My precious pet bunny rabbits, aka 'the buns'
  • Clever and smart marketing and advertising
  • Traveling far and wide
A few things I am not so fond of (and therefore will probably not wind up here, unless in an angsty, ranty kind of way):
  • Rude and judgemental people
  • Poorly executed promotional campaigns
  • Deadlines
  • Any movie that stars Tom Cruise

I hope that you enjoy reading my little blog. I'm not sure how it will evolve over time but sure I hope that you stick around and find out!

Do you have a blog? If so, how did you get started? What tips do you have for a new blogger?

Xx

Petal


*Petal is not actually my really name (although I am very jealous of Jamie Oliver's little girl who is lucky enough to have that honour!) but for now lets just pretend it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment