Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nailed - State of Origin

As a born and bred New South Wales-ian it is my sworn duty to do all I can to support my team in tonights third and final State of Origin match. Usually, this would mean dressing top-to-toe in every article of blue clothing I own, but as the expected temperature tonight is somewhere around the -3 to -5 degrees mark I have decided to show support in a way that does not compromise my body warmth - Nails!

Below is a (pretty dodgy) picture of my Cockroach inspired mani. Only time will tell if I will keep this on for longer than one night - fingers crossed I get to keep it for a few days at least!

 (With Flash)
Base Colour
OPI - Ski Teal We Drop
Top Coat
OPI - Last Friday Night (Katy Perry Collection)

(Without Flash - apologies for the shadows)

I really love this look! It is really hard to get a good photo as the colour changes with the light, the real life colour is somewhere between the two pics above. The base colour is one that I wear quite often with OPI Black Shatter over the top for a dark look that still has a bit of character. This top coat is really beautiful as well, although when I bought it I was hoping it would be nice to wear alone, but despite how it looks in the bottle it really is very sheer. I think it is best suited as a top coat, what do you think?

Who are you going for in the State of Origin tonight? What are you doing to show your allegiance?

No comments:

Post a Comment